However, most extracurricular activities where students develop and train other skills, form new friendships, and experiment with new interests are still cancelled. This is a big loss.
Today, some schools and educational institutions still struggle, many schools have adjusted to a blended or completely remote setting. This is an amazing accomplishment that truly shows how adaptable teachers, principals and students are. However, most extracurricular activities where students develop and train other skills, form new friendships,and experiment with new interests are still cancelled. This is a big loss.
Are you ready to explore a new approach to extracurricular activities? We have outlined these 5 steps to help you move your extracurricular activities online instead of shutting them down:
- Define all your extracurricular activities offered at your school or educational institution prior to Covid-19.
- Organize the activities into defining groups, e.g. Art classes demand hands-on activities, tools, guidance from teachers, and inspiration. Music classes demand the option to play your instrument together with others, classes on Innovation and Entrepreneurship will call for various ways of brainstorming, collaborating, pitching etc.
- Choose an online platform that supports all your needs for organizing your extracurricular offerings; facilitating relevant learning processes, doing live and on-demand courses, live streamings, supporting social interactions between students, and visualizing individual accomplishments.
The benefits of choosing one platform for your extracurricular activities are that students get the opportunity to browse through the catalog, inspire each other to engage in new activities, and finally; that the staff will learn best practice from colleagues, and the administrators are provided with relevant analytics of the activity.
- Outline the individual classes, design the process and implement them to your platform.
To support the process of digitizing your content, you’ll find inspiration in our blog post Digitize your courses through 8 simple steps.
Including exercises is an important method to engage students and support active learning. On how to include exercises in your digital learning platform, please look at our blog post 5 Essential Tips for Creating Engaging Exercises.
- And finally, the last step: Always start simple, invite students and colleagues to give feedback and build on that!
Do you want to take your extracurricular activities online, using a cloud-based LMS?
Book a demo to learn how and speak to a specialist about the many benefits of using a learning management system.