About the position
We’re looking for creative individuals who are able to turn ideas and learning objectives into well-thought out courses with engaging content and exercises. Daily duties around content development will be most complimented by strong project management and organizational skills. You can’t be shy as you will own the construction of original client-facing courses as well as those tailored to meet the specifications of our clients. Wrangling a number of stakeholders in a multi-step editing process should come as a second nature and – since we maintain friendly rapport with colleagues – welcomed with enthusiasm.
We are not looking for a people-pleaser who has to be coached into making recommendations. You should anticipate issues and be ready to pick up the phone and make a call in order to keep our processes running smoothly. Besides being original and entrepreneurial, you should also have a high emotional intelligence, a good sense of humor, and be familiar with the phrase: “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn”.
- Creation and maintenance of CanopyLAB on-demand learning content including: course plans, lesson materials, multimedia scripts, and hands-on exercises to demonstrate learning;
- Creation and maintenance of bespoke instructor-led course material to meet the needs of our customers, partners, and employees;
- Consult on course creation by giving full attention to what customers are requesting, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate;
- Oversee and implement course content revisions and updates to ensure relevance and accuracy;
- Coordinate and host all course management discussions to define (and re-define, if necessary) course materials;
- Actively learn and remain apprised of product offerings to support course creation,;
- Further knowledge in current teaching strategies and practices to provide recommendations on course creation and revision;
- Onboard and train white-label clients;
- Provide ongoing technical and pedagogic support for white-label clients and their courses; and
- Create quarterly reporting in support of regular meeting schedules in order to ensure customer success.
- One to three (1 to 3) years of work experience in an education-/training-related role with up-to-date knowledge of effective teaching strategies;
- Understanding of the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision making for all stakeholders;
- Experienced and structured in independently establishing and managing project plans for all stages of the course creation flow;
- Possess competency for well-organized writing and an attention to detail to meet copy editing needs;
- Written and oral fluency in (at least) Spanish and English to include knowledge of the structure and content of the language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar, and pronunciation;
- Thorough understanding of eLearning and social platforms a plus; and
- Eager to constantly expand product knowledge and to be on the leading edge of market trends.
What we offer
- To be part of a purpose-driven company that is passionate about transforming the way we learn and disrupting the eLearning market;
- To be part of a fun, ambitious, and diverse team that works well in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- A strong team spirit that is value-driven and socially conscious;
- A fast-growing company with many opportunities for rapid career advancement; and
- Title and compensation commensurate with experience.
Who we are
We provide companies and individuals worldwide with the essential software they need to bring learning communities together and keep global conversations going. At CanopyLAB, you will learn and develop new skills and competencies every day – with the unique start-up opportunity to shape your career according to desire and action.
Our B2B SaaS solution is used in more than 80 countries so it’s no surprise we are constantly looking to expand our team to reach every corner of the globe. Join us in converting ideas into action as we grow to become the leading eLearning platform in Latin America.
What we do
CanopyLAB is an EdTech company with 40+ employees located in Hvidovre, Denmark; Bogota, Colombia; Lima, Peru; and Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. We work collaboratively to pioneer the future of learning through two primary business units:
- The Canopy, a white-label learning platform that companies use for onboarding, new employees, compliance requirements, internal training of employees and/or external training of customers and stakeholders plus internal or customer social media spaces and communities.
- The LAB, an open, free learning platform, where 120+ NGOs and public institutions host courses centered around contemporary issues within social sciences and humanities, and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Position and Salary
This posting is for a contract (temp-to-hire) – or hire with relevant experience – based out of one of our satellite offices in either Lima, Peru, or Bogotá, Colombia. We offer a competitive compensation package.
If interested, please email your application (CV and cover letter) to Giancarlo Mena at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Learning Designer – LATAM – [YOUR NAME]”.
Please note: The deadline for submitting applications is 31 August 2021. However, we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.