About the position
We’re looking for curious individuals who are accustomed to constantly conducting account- and industry-specific research preferably with some experience producing coverage reports to ensure brand positioning is always optimized. This person is used to connecting the dots most people don’t even notice and is able to articulate thoughts clearly and effectively to even the most senior of management – orally and in writing. Daily duties around press tracking and drafting press materials (i.e. media alerts, press releases, etc.) should feel just as energizing as attending industry events and networking. Your consultation on client-facing media should come as a second nature and – since we maintain friendly rapport with colleagues – welcomed with enthusiasm.
We are not looking for a people-pleaser who has to be coached into making recommendations. You should anticipate issues and be ready to pick up the phone and make a call to colleagues and industry stakeholders in order to elevate CanopyLAB’s brand above potential issues. Besides being well-read at business and society, you should also have a high emotional intelligence, a good sense of humor, and be familiar with the phrase: “Brevity is the soul of wit”.
- Set, monitor, and maintain brand reputation strategy, metrics, and management plans;
- Build up marketing processes/internal infrastructure to support the coordination of press materials, public relations outreach, and marketing agencies to establish operational processes for managing brand exposure;
- Stay up to date on high-level business changes and status through press and media tracking;
- Consult on strategy of all consumer-facing communications assets, by request and after escalation, ready to draft and edit press materials (i.e. media alerts, press releases, etc.) under tight deadlines;
- Establish and maintain good rapport with prospective media partners and agencies in order to facilitate strategic relations;
- Coordinate with the CEO to support positive interactions with stakeholders across the business;
- Consult for the various communications and content functions in addressing inquiries from media; and
- Coordinate the digitization and customization of all press collateral, according to established procedures and standards and in line with brand strategy.
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in public relations and press offices or related expertise, with references preferred;
- Strong understanding and appreciation of how identifying and exploiting new business and growth opportunities supports the sales process;
- Experienced and structured in independently establishing and project managing action plans for all stages of the sales funnel;
- Possess competency for well-organized writing and attention to detail to meet copy editing needs;
- Written and oral fluency in Spanish and English to include knowledge of the structure and content of the language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar, and pronunciation;
- Thorough understanding of eLearning and social platforms a plus; and
- Eager to constantly expand product knowledge and to be on the leading edge of market trends.
What we offer
- To be part of a purpose-driven company that is passionate about transforming the way we learn and disrupting the eLearning market;
- To be part of a fun, ambitious, and diverse team that works well in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- A strong team spirit that is value-driven and socially conscious;
- A fast-growing company with many opportunities for rapid career advancement; and
- Title and compensation commensurate with experience.
Who we are
We provide companies and individuals worldwide with the essential software they need to bring learning communities together and keep global conversations going. At CanopyLAB, you will learn and develop new skills and competencies every day – with the unique start-up opportunity to shape your career according to desire and action.
Our B2B SaaS solution is used in more than 80 countries so it’s no surprise we are constantly looking to expand our team to reach every corner of the globe. Join us in converting ideas into action as we grow to become the leading eLearning platform in Latin America.
What we do
CanopyLAB is an EdTech company with 40+ employees located in Hvidovre, Denmark; Bogota, Colombia; Lima, Peru; and Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. We work collaboratively to pioneer the future of learning through two primary business units:
- The Canopy, a white-label learning platform that companies use for onboarding, new employees, compliance requirements, internal training of employees and/or external training of customers and stakeholders plus internal or customer social media spaces and communities.
- The LAB, an open, free learning platform, where 120+ NGOs and public institutions host courses centered around contemporary issues within social sciences and humanities, and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Position and Salary
This posting is for a contract position (temp-to-hire) that will be based out of one of our satellite offices in either Lima, Peru, or Bogotá, Colombia. We offer a competitive compensation package.
If interested, please email your application (CV and cover letter) to Giancarlo Mena at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Public Relations Specialist – LATAM – [YOUR NAME]”.
Please note: The deadline for submitting applications is 15th of August 2021. However, we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.