About the position
We’re looking for business-minded people who possess a discerning eye for matching client demands with product offerings. Ideally, you’re a creative, highly organized, and self-driven individual eager to join our business development team. We’re open to all backgrounds that lead to new business relationships, preferably those with an understanding of articulating emerging edTech products and SaaS offerings.
We are not looking for quantitative people who cannot qualify a lead but rather a team player who has a record of developing relationships after captivating audiences. You should be ready to pick up the phone and make a call to colleagues in order to support the sales process at all stages! Besides being smart at business, you should also have a high emotional intelligence, a good sense of humor, and be familiar with the phrase: “Show, don’t tell”.
- Apply industry and market expertise to profile and prospect potential partners in the Americas;
- Think laterally to establish and maintain good rapport in order to facilitate the proposal of strategic relationships with prospective partners;
- Research markets and products independently to supplement profiles for emerging prospective eLearning partners;
- Host discovery / screening calls with potential prospects for qualification purposes, briefing relevant stakeholders when needed;
- Schedule demos with qualified prospects for Sales Executives;
- Craft bespoke content to articulate unique value propositions on questionnaires, RFPs, and RFIs;
- Close feedback loop between marketing and sales by proposing updates to standard content based on prospect feedback; and
- Maintain accurate and complete pipeline updates – such as activity and pipeline reports – within our CRM and project management tools.
- Experience with SaaS sales partners or vendors preferred;
- Strong understanding and appreciation of how identifying and exploiting new business and growth opportunities supports the sales process;
- Experienced and structured in independently establishing and project managing action plans for all stages of the sales funnel;
- Strong communication skills that precisely define purpose, accountabilities, dependencies, and timelines for media production;
- Written and oral fluency in Spanish and English to include knowledge of the structure and content of the language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar, and pronunciation;
- Thorough understanding of eLearning and social platforms a plus; and
- Eager to constantly expand product knowledge and to be on the leading edge of market trends.
What we offer
- To be part of a purpose-driven company that is passionate about transforming the way we learn and disrupting the eLearning market;
- To be part of a fun, ambitious, and diverse team that works well in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- A strong team spirit that is value-driven and socially conscious;
- A fast-growing company with many opportunities for rapid career advancement; and
- Title and compensation commensurate with experience.
Who we are
We provide companies and individuals worldwide with the essential software they need to bring learning communities together and keep global conversations going. At CanopyLAB, you will learn and develop new skills and competencies every day – with the unique start-up opportunity to shape your career according to desire and action.
Our B2B SaaS solution is used in more than 80 countries so it’s no surprise we are constantly looking to expand our team to reach every corner of the globe. Join us in converting ideas into action as we grow to become the leading eLearning platform in Latin America.
What we do
CanopyLAB is an EdTech company with 40+ employees located in Hvidovre, Denmark; Bogota, Colombia; Lima, Peru; and Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. We work collaboratively to pioneer the future of learning through two primary business units:
- The Canopy, a white-label learning platform that companies use for onboarding, new employees, compliance requirements, internal training of employees and/or external training of customers and stakeholders plus internal or customer social media spaces and communities.
- The LAB, an open, free learning platform, where 120+ NGOs and public institutions host courses centered around contemporary issues within social sciences and humanities, and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Position and Salary
This posting is for a contract position (with temp-to-hire growth opportunities in Sales or Content Management) that will be based out of one of our satellite offices in either Lima, Peru, or Bogotá, Colombia. We offer a competitive compensation package.
If interested, please email your application (CV and cover letter) to Giancarlo Mena at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Business Development Representative – Partners – LATAM – [YOUR NAME]”.
Please note: The deadline for submitting applications is August 31st 2021. However, we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.