About the position
We’re looking for an ambitious, driven, data-driven person to join our sales team. We’re open to all backgrounds that lead to B2B sales experience, preferably within digital products and services. We are not looking for aggressive sales tactics but rather a team player and people person who has a record of developing relationships and building long-term sales. You should not be afraid of picking up the phone and making a call – in fact, you should look forward to it! Besides being smart at business, you should also have a high emotional intelligence, a good sense of humor, and be familiar with the phrase: “People don’t like to be sold, but they love to buy”.
- Identify high-end prospects through existing network and referrals;
- Regularly update the CRM and related tools to support team contact and project management;
- Tailor and deliver marketing materials (including for demo presentations) to address specific audience needs;
- Conduct demonstrations (via all communication methods, remotely and in-person) encompassing both technical and non-technical aspects of our eLearning platform;
- Hold primary responsibility for sales conversions, including to prepare and deliver appropriate sales proposals, negotiate/close deals and solve inquiries, and coordinate contract negotiations for a successful close;
- Articulate success as measured and evidenced by meeting sales targets determined with senior management;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry news and events;
- Encourage and act on actionable feedback from all interactions; and
- Be willing and able to work in an evolving organizational structure, including agility in assuming responsibilities related to the business unit as needed.
- BA or higher degree in a relevant field or related experience;
- One to three (1-3) or three to five (3-5) years of proven sales success or evidence of similar expertise for junior and senior-level positions, respectively.;
- Experienced and structured in independently establishing and executing action plans for late stages of the sales funnel;
- Ability to travel based on business and client needs;
- Presents and expresses ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate and attractive to the audience;
- Written and oral fluency in Spanish and English;
- Eager to constantly expand product knowledge and to be on the leading edge of market trends; and
- Thorough understanding of eLearning and social platforms is a plus.
What we offer
- To be part of a purpose-driven company that is passionate about transforming the way we learn and disrupting the eLearning market;
- To be part of a fun, ambitious, and diverse team that works well in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- A strong team spirit that is value-driven and socially conscious;
- A fast-growing company with many opportunities for rapid career advancement; and
- Title and compensation commensurate with experience.
Who we are
We provide companies and individuals worldwide with the essential software they need to bring learning communities together and keep global conversations going. At CanopyLAB, you will learn and develop new skills and competencies every day – with the unique start-up opportunity to shape your career according to desire and action.
Our B2B SaaS solution is used in more than 80 countries so it’s no surprise we are constantly looking to expand our team to reach every corner of the globe. Join us in converting ideas into action as we grow to become the leading eLearning platform in Latin America.
What we do
CanopyLAB is an EdTech company with 40+ employees located in Hvidovre, Denmark; Bogota, Colombia; Lima, Peru; and Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. We work collaboratively to pioneer the future of learning through two primary business units:
- The Canopy, a white-label learning platform that companies use for onboarding, new employees, compliance requirements, internal training of employees and/or external training of customers and stakeholders plus internal or customer social media spaces and communities.
- The LAB, an open, free learning platform, where 120+ NGOs and public institutions host courses centered around contemporary issues within social sciences and humanities, and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Position and Salary
This posting is for a full-time employee based out of one of our satellite offices in either Lima, Peru, or Bogotá, Colombia. We offer a base salary plus a competitive commissions package.
If interested, please email your application (CV and cover letter) to Giancarlo Mena at email@example.com with the subject line: “SaaS Sales Representative – LATAM – [YOUR NAME]”.
Please note: The deadline for submitting applications is August 31st 2021. However, we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.